A HOST of famous writers could be set for an appearance on the Rock at the first Gibraltar International Literary Festival.
Paddy Ashdown, Sir Diarmaid MacCulloch and Ken Hom are just some of the names being linked with the event, which will take place from October 25 to 27 2013.
The festival – which aims to appeal to both young and old – will include debates, interviews and talks on a wide range of subjects.
Other names being lined up to appear include historian Paul Preston, chef Madhur Jaffrey and Neanderthal expert Sir Paul Mellars, alongside a host of local authors.
“I am thrilled that the idea of establishing a literary festival in Gibraltar has come to fruition,” said Tourism Minister Neil Costa.
“With its rich cultural heritage, Gibraltar is perfectly well placed to host such a prestigious event.”
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02