AN expat has described a Ryanair flight as the ‘trip from hell’ after a series of delays which ended in the pilot shouting at passengers to get off the plane.
Andy Coates, 50, who uses the budget airline around 20 times a year, was stunned when the captain came out with the ‘rude’ outburst.
It came after the plane was delayed by an hour, in particular, after a passenger boarded the wrong flight.
The problems started when the December 18 flight from Manchester to Malaga was held up after check in staff stopped numerous people to measure their luggage at the boarding gate.
They included a pensioner, who was forced to put her handbag in her suitcase.
Then to make things worse a passenger who was due to fly to Barcelona accidentally boarded the flight to Malaga.
“By the time the crew realised this the doors were already shut,” said Coates, who lives in Mijas Costa.
“In fact we were about to take off when the youngster realised he was on the wrong flight.”
After returning to the terminal to take the passenger off, the captain then said:
“If anybody else is not happy then they can get off with him now!”
Mr Coates was furious about the outburst and insisted: “This was an innocent mistake by the youngster, but what happened to the gate personnel who are meant to scan boarding cards?
“It didn’t help that they spent so long getting everyone boarded and the way they treated this elderly lady was wrong and she got very nervous.
“It was over the top and pedantic and caused a further delay for everyone.”
He continued: “Maybe if the Ryanair staff were a little less obsessed with the exact size of hand luggage they would notice a far more important fact like a passenger boarding the wrong flight.”
Ryanair were unavailable for comment.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36