NEW mum, Shakira, has tweeted to the world the first glimpse of her baby with footballer husband, Gerard Pique.
The Colombian singer released the first official photo of her son, Milan Pique Mebarak, on the social networking site on Monday.
The photo shows the tiny tot in the arms of her handsome husband, Pique, who plays for Barcelona.
It shows the footballer cradling his son and planting a kiss on his cheek with the message: Meet our baby boy Milan.
Shakira, 36, and Pique, 26, have asked for donations to children’s charity, Unicef instead of gifts for their newborn.
The superstar singer said: “We hope that, in his name, other less-privileged children in the world can have their basic needs covered through gifts and donations.
“Thank you for sharing this unforgettable moment with us.”
The She Wolf singer gave birth to Milan on January 22 in a hospital in Barcelona.
Explaining her son’s name, she said: “It means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification.
“Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth.”
The families are now spending time together at their home in the Spanish city.
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50