SHOCKING frocks, camp glitz and glamour, it could only be the Miss Gibraltar contest!
After six weeks of continuous photo opportunities and promotional work, seven contestants faced their public for two and a half hours this weekend.
In a series of alluring costumes, the group paraded around before finally nervously giving a short speech.
Maroua Kharbouch, a Gibraltarian from a Moroccan Muslim family, won the title and will take part in the Miss World beauty pageant in Indonesia later this year
A well-known face on Gibraltar’s party circuit, Maroua was no stranger to Gibraltar’s various beauty contest opportunities, having entered a string of competitions since her teens.
The 22-year-old – who most recently won the Miss Motors title in 2010 – is a keep fit fan, who does a lot of volunteer work.
Most importantly she is a fan of the multicultural melting pot of Gibraltar.
After winning she explained: “I want young girls to look up to me and I want to be an extremely good example.
“I want them to say – look at her, if she can do it, so can I, being Moroccan Gibraltarian, whatever they may be, I feel I can truly inspire them
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36