WORK is to begin on an underground Metro line in Malaga city centre.
Despire various streets in the city having been dug up, the project has been on hold for the past year as the Junta and the Mayor were locked in a dispute over whether the Line 1 route should be sub- or overground.
But Susana Diaz, the new mayor, ended the stand off announcing an underground section will run at the Alameda.
A total €70 million has been set aside for the project €50 for the sub-terrain section and €20 million for Line 4 which will go to Ciudad Real.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40