THE netball girls took to the court last weekend to have a friendly game in aid of Macmillan cancer.
Players from Marbella, Manilva and Gibraltar joined forces to raise money and, most importantly, to have fun.
Laude International School, San Pedro, were also in the charitable spirit – offering the teams the court for free.
While the teams took to the court, there was a table packed with home-baked goods to tempt players, and visitors, to give donations to the cause.
A raffle, with prizes from local businesses, including a holiday break and a massage, was drawn at the end of the day with big winners from the Manilva team.
Altogether the day raised €705 for Macmillan.
For more information about joining the Marbella netball team, who train on Tuesday nights, 7.30pm at Laude school, get in touch with Laura via [email protected]
Manilva are also looking for players and can be found on Facebook.
- VIDEO: Nightmare returns for illegal homeowners in Spain as Junta once again demolishes foreigners homes - 16 Oct, 2013 @ 08:00
- VIDEO: Two British-owned homes have been demolished in Spain and two more will come down this week - 15 Oct, 2013 @ 11:44
- Spanish name for Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez’s baby boy - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 12:13
- VIDEO: Metropolitan Police release new e-fits in connection with Maddie McCann disappearance - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 10:23
- Louis Vuitton collaborates with Spanish illustrator to create new shopping app ads - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 17:50
- Hilarious holiday complaints revealed by travel company - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 14:16
- Have Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova broken up? - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 08:09
- Protesters strip naked to make a point against animal cruelty - 12 Oct, 2013 @ 14:11
- Spanish doctor ordered to pay up for mis-diagnosis of Wolf Man - 11 Oct, 2013 @ 06:00
- Three netball teams join to raise money for Macmillan Cancer - 9 Oct, 2013 @ 11:27