A BRITISH man holidaying in Spain has scooped the world record after he caught the heaviest albino catfish.
Bernie Campbell, from the Wirral, caught the 206lb fish, which was 8ft in length, in the River Ebro which runs through the Iberian peninsula.
The previous record was 194lb.
A thrilled Campbell said catching the fish was a his main ambition during his trip.
“I´d have been very happy with a 40lb albino, so to come away with a 206lb fish was fantastic.”
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40