A TEENAGER from Liverpool is being praised after she saved the life of a fellow passenger on a flight from Malaga.
Aimee Pye, 21, jumped to the aid of a 19-year-old boy who was having a violent seizure on the easyJet flight.
She said: “I helped because I knew first aid as a volunteer with St John´s Ambulance.
“The stewardesses and his family all thanked me and said they didn´t know what they would have done without me, a sure statement that they were unaware of what to do.”
The boy made a full recovery during the flight, declining the offer of an ambulance or wheelchair assistance once the plane had landed in Liverpool.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40