CAZORLA’S annual BluesCazorla festival has won an award considered the Grammys of the Blues.
The Blues Foundation, based in Memphis, Tennessee , and responsible for ‘the preservation of the history of the blues’, voted the BluesCazorla festival, held every year since 1994 in the town in Jaen Province, the best international blues festival.
Blues legends who have headlined the festival, which takes place in July, include Johnny Winter, Charlie Musselwhite and Buddy Guy.
Cazorla mayor Jose Antonio Rodriguez commented “This award would have been unimaginable for our festival a few years ago and is an accolade for a job well done.”
- Skyfall! - 3 Jan, 2014 @ 11:32
- Free-range foie gras - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Careless talk costs car driver - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- Nothing to grouse about! - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 18:30
- Guess who’s coming to dinner? - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30
- OLIVE PRESS APPEAL: Surfing and salvation - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:57
- Fruit flop - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Spain is a sex-pot hotspot - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- A tale of pain and passion in the palace - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 15:30
- Watching the birdies! - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30