GIBRALTAR has drawn attention to its border misery with Spain during a noisy, but peaceful, demonstration outside the Spanish Embassy in London.
Organised by the Defenders of Gibraltar and Gibraltarians Worldwide, the group was joined by the Earl of Dartmouth in handing the letter and dossier of evidence to the embassy in Kensington.
The group, that waived both the Union Jack and Gibraltar flags, gathered outside Gibraltar House in the Strand, before heading to the embassy.
Organiser Anne-Marie Struggles said: “Thank you, those who came and those who could not but who supported us in not giving up and gave us strength to continue!”
The groups are now planning future demonstrations in 2014, including one outside the European Parliament in Brussels.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40