GIBRALTAR’S Manchester United Supporters’ branch travelled to the UK to meet Sir Alex Ferguson recently and presented him with a specially-commissioned portrait.
The group of 30 met up with Sir Alex in Wilmslow, Cheshire. Branch Chairman, Clive Moberley, introduced Sir Alex to the group – several of whom he already knew from his visit to Gibraltar.
The visitors then presented Sir Alex with the portrait, which delighted him.
The trip was just one of the highlights planned by the Gibraltar Manchester United Supporters’ branch in its 20th anniversary year and was hailed a great success.
- Giles Brown is more Christopher Biggins than Christopher Reeve as he learns to fly in southern Spain - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 16:08
- OPEN SEASON: Giles Brown puts up many a guest at his place, but draws the line at garden yurts - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 10:30
- TROLL TROUBLE: Giles Brown is used to insults flying his way, but troll his family and that’s a different matter - 8 Jun, 2019 @ 11:36
- I have never felt more proud of my Burlesque-dancing goddaughter, writes Giles Brown - 25 May, 2019 @ 09:30
- Summer on the Costa del Sol may have to be spent indoors to avoid beach hut blazes and killer bacteria, writes Giles Brown - 12 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- OSP is not just a political party, writes Giles Brown, who has slowly watched the decline of San Pedro - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 12:00
- Giles Brown thought he had left his brushes with the law back in the 1980s - 10 Mar, 2019 @ 10:31
- An idyllic cottage by the lake in Andalucia gave Giles Brown a bit more than he bargained for - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 09:30
- Loud and Clear: The Costa del Sol Boar Wars have begun says Giles Brown - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- PROTEST WITH NO BULL: Why new year is the perfect time to campaign for change on the Costa del Sol - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00