JAN Koum certainly had good reason to celebrate as WhatsApp turns five.
And it was perhaps appropriate that WhatsApp boss Jan Koum should be having a big night out with one of the world’s richest techies Mark Zuckerberg.
The pair were spotted partying at restaurant Boujis in Barcelona just days after it was announced that Zuckerberg’s company Facebook had bought WhatsApp for $19 billion.
They were photographed hanging out with Korean singer Psy after spending the day at the Mobile World Congress conference.
The free messaging service, which has a 96% penetration rate in Spain, turned five on the same day.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05