TELECOM companies Masmovil and Ibercom are set to merge together to form Spain’s third largest firm in the sector.
Bosses of both companies are confident the move – involving cash and share exchange – will be approved at the shareholder’s AGM. Only Telefonica and Jazztel would be bigger.
Masmovil Ibercom will also become the third largest Alternative Investment Market firm in Spain behind Gowex and Carbures.
This collaboration comes after Vodafone announced it has taken over cable company ONO for 7.2 billion, suggesting a major restructuring of the Spanish telecommunications market is on the horizon.
A Masmovil spokesman said the joint firm aims to appeal to the ‘residential and business’ market with ‘landline and mobile solutions’.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05