In a new regular column, Danni Worth of Op de Beeck & Worth will be exploring the many issues surrounding insurance and will be answering your queries
IT has been 40 years since my partner Patrick Op de Beeck started providing insurance to the ever growing number of expatriates who were arriving on the Costa del Sol back then.
Based in Marbella, he quickly gained a reputation as a person to trust and when I joined him in 2005 – having worked as a Lloyd’s broker in London – I knew we would make a formidable team.
Now considered one of the most respected Insurance brokers in Spain, Op de Beeck & Worth has recently invited to join the prestigious ADECOSE Brokers Association, which despite comprising just 2.5% of the country’s brokers handles over 60% of the business.
Our main focus has always been on servicing the requirements of the expatriate community and whilst historically we tended to be more involved with personal business, we are increasingly becoming known for our expertise in the commercial insurance market as well.
We have a lot of experience between us and, over the next year, will be sharing our knowledge of the business with Olive Press readers.
We hope to make you more aware of some of the pitfalls when buying insurance in Spain and to give you some useful tips.
We will also be answering your questions.
In short, we intend to cover the following areas:
- The differences between buying insurance in Spain and the UK
- How to insure a home in Spain
- Potential pitfalls and things to be aware of
- Typical claims
If there are any specific subjects which you would like me to cover, any issues, problems or pitfalls, drop me a line at [email protected].
Of course you can also give my team a ring on 952 882 273.
- Have you got it covered? - 6 Sep, 2014 @ 09:00
- Underinsurance and how to avoid it… - 22 Aug, 2014 @ 09:00
- Insurance brokers or robots? - 9 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- The magic formula for claiming on household insurance - 26 Jul, 2014 @ 09:00
- Home and dry - 3 Jun, 2014 @ 17:58
- How healthy is your health insurance? - 3 Jun, 2014 @ 17:52
- Should your bank hard-sell you insurance? - 30 May, 2014 @ 09:00
- Avoiding the pitfalls of insurance - 24 Apr, 2014 @ 11:19