DISTURBING reports of a performing bear at a medieval market in Los Alcazares, in Murcia, have emerged.
David Meanwell, from Bear Conservation UK, contacted the Olive Press with the news.
One of the society’s supporters living in the Murcia area, was shocked to see a captive bear being led through the market.
She appealed to Facebook for more information and unearthed this picture.
This appears to be the first case of a performing bear since the Olive Press reported on two incidences in 2007.
A dancing European Brown Bear was spotted touring with a medieval market near Sevilla while three Siberian Bears were found to be performing at a Granada circus, provoking heated debate on the topic.
If you have any information please contact [email protected]
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44