ESTEPONA bar owner Andy Fergusson is taking part in one of the biggest amateur golf tournaments in the world.
The owner of Fergusson’s bar is representing his town in the Causeway Coast competition from June 2, alongside 900 golfers from around the world.
“It’s the largest amateur golf tournament in Europe” he told the Olive Press “and you get to play four of Northern Ireland’s great courses – Royal Portrush, Castlerock, Ballyliffin and Ballycastle.
“There are some great prizes. One winner got a week at The Masters in the US, ” said Andy, who came 51st last year “Hopefully I can improve on last year”
It’s not just about the golf, however “You’ve got 900 golfers in one place, so the social aspect is pretty good too!” he laughed.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05