AN Andalucian hotel has been named as Spain’s second best, according to a global traveller’s website.
Hotel Molino del Santo, in Benaojan, near Ronda, has been voted the country’s second best and scooped a coveted TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice award.
The stunning converted olive mill even pipped the Costa del Sol’s long-time favourite Villa Marbella for the first time to come top in Andalucia.
Delighted Andy Chapell, who has owned the hotel for 27 years with his wife Pauline Elkin, told the Olive Press: “We’re so grateful to our staff for their hard work, because without them the hotel just wouldn’t be as good as it is.”
“What’s most important to us is attention and a personalised service. We like to look after people.”
Of the 25 best in Spain, nine hotels are in Andalucia – more than any other region. Over half of these are current or former Olive Press clients.
Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor said: “Travellers have millions of hotels to choose from and quality of service is a way to stand out from the crowd.
“It is clear from reading our reviews of the hotels that when you have a happy customer, they spread the word.”
In fact, Olive Press writer Imogen Calderwood played ‘secret inspector’ at Molino just last month.
She had this to say…
“I visited Molino del Santo for a holiday – without introducing myself as a journalist – so no special treatment there!
“And I was genuinely astonished by the quality of the hotel, the care and attention the staff give and the beauty of the location.
“It is wonderfully laid back and comfortable – and the food was amazing – so it comes as no surprise that the couple’s hard work has been recognised on a global scale.
“And no, I didn’t fill in a review form with TripAdvisor, just in case you wanted to know.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44