RED wine could prevent tooth decay, according to a study by Spanish scientists.
Scientists dipped samples of bacteria into various liquids, including red wine alone, red wine without alcohol, red wine mixed with grape seed extract, water and 12% ethanol.
Project leader Dr Victoria Moreno-Arribas said: “Red wine with or without alcohol and wine with grape seed extract were the most effective at getting rid of the bacteria.”
It is hoped that the findings could lead to the development of natural products to fight dental diseases.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44