BUDDING footballers from the English International College in Marbella are on their way to Brazil, determined for better results than their professional heroes.
After winning their fourth International Schools European title in three years, the under-17 squad was invited to Rio de Janeiro to watch World Cup knockout stage matches.
And while there, they will be testing their skills against the best of Rio’s local teams.
The boys have been fundraising for the once-in-a-lifetime trip since December, by bag-packing at Iceland and competing in a 10km fun run from the school to Marbella port.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44