TARIFA sits alongside Marbella and Mallorca as one of the key property hotspots in Spain, claims one of its agents.
Tony Cassidy, 66, of Tarifa Direct, insists that the town is also up there with Ibiza, Madrid and Barcelona in terms of demand and price.
“It is one of the true dynamos of Spain and demand is incredibly high,” explains Cassidy (pictured), from Leeds, who has been based in the town for a decade.
“We are just waiting for a big developer like Taylor Wimpey to arrive here and things will really take off,” adds the father-of-three. He cites the recent sale of a small apartment on the beach at €250,000 as evidence of what a strong market the town has.
“It is a really small place yet still went for a lot of money… and I have a villa for sale with a tennis court and swimming pool near the Punta Sur hotel for €3 million, which in Rosario, near Marbella, would be worth €1.5 million.”
It is the same issue with the series of charming old properties in town, which demand surprisingly high prices.
“They are selling for too much money – at two, three, four million – and after you have spent the money you need to renovate them so it is not really viable,” estimates Cassidy.
But ultimately buyers are not looking in Tarifa for big places and luxury. They are coming here for the lifestyle, he continues.
“Yes you get less for your money, but you have the most amazing countryside and beaches.
“On top of this Tarifa is the adventure capital of Europe with kiting, biking, kitesurfing and bird watching available.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44