A FURIOUS father has slammed ‘misleading beach signs’ after his three-year-old daughter was badly injured in a tangle with a kitesurfer in Tarifa.
Expat Mike de Coster-Milman was enjoying a day at the beach with his wife and their daughter Katja, after following a sign to the strictly windsurfers section, where they thought they would be safe.
However, while Katja was playing near the sea, she was knocked down by an out of control kitesurfer.
The cords wrapped around her throat, leaving her with severe neck lacerations, but luckily she escaped further potential injury.
“Only afterwards did a man in a chiringuito tell me that the whole beach is now a kitesurf beach – that the signs are old – but there are no new signs or any posted warnings,” Mike told the Olive Press.
“This could have been a much more serious incident if more ropes had caught her, she is really lucky,” he added.
“It could have happened to anyone, tons of families were right there on the beach that day and nobody said anything.”
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04
- The Brits have not stopped investing in Spanish property with a 12% rise in purchases last year - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 17:43
- World’s greatest F1 champ spotted on the island in first sighting since 2013 - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:57
- Siestas ‘help treat high blood pressure’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48