SPAIN are heading into the last 16 of the FIBA basketball World Cup after last night’s convincing victory over Brazil in Granada.
La Roja ran out 82-63 victors in group A’s premier fixture to remain unbeaten in the competition. Chicago Bulls Pau Gasol top-scored with 26 points and guard Sergio Rodriguez added 12 points at the Palacio Municipal de Deportes.
The latest win follows victories over Iran and Egypt and secures Spain’s place in the knock-out stages with two group games remaining.
After Tuesday’s rest day, Spain face tough first round ties against European champions France and a dangerous Serbian side.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36