IT’S been compared to ‘Glastonbury, without the mud and loose morals’.
The Gibraltar Music Festival rolls into town on September 6, headlining Clean Bandit, Rita Ora and The Script among many other contemporary artists and old-time family favourites.
Now in its third year, the rockfest kicks off Gibraltar’s week-long national celebrations at Victoria Stadium.
In the build-up to the all-day, outdoor musical extravaganza at Victoria Stadium, Gibraltar’s Minister for Culture Steven Linares said he expects more than 10,000 people to buy tickets to see nearly 40 acts across four stages.
“This year’s edition of the Gibraltar Music Festival is set to be bigger than it’s very successful predecessors and is attracting more people from abroad to come to Gibraltar to enjoy it,” he said.
“With great live music from 12 midday until past 12 midnight, this festival will no doubt prove to be another great day out for the whole family.”
The Script have been pencilled in to headline the event since the beginning of the summer, and UK sensation Rita Ora is also set to, in her own lyrics, ‘roc the life’ out of the festival.
If you would ‘rather be’ dancing to house music, then Clean Bandit’s ‘extraordinary’ string quartet should satisfy your urge.
Spandau Ballet’s Tony Hadley will provide a musical trip down memory lane, while X-Factor winner James Arthur looks set to be a hit with the younger audience.
International artists also appearing on the bill include John Newman, Roger Hodgson and Maxi Priest, with a huge line-up of local supporting artists.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05