GIBRALTAR Liberal government is celebrating 1,000 days in office.
In that time the government has given effect to over 300 promises contained in it 2011 manifesto, when it came into power on December 9.
Chief Minister Fabian Picardo said: “It has been a positive and constructive 1,000 days. The government has moved in a fast and responsible manner in order to give effect to what we promised.
“One reason for this progress is because there are 10 ministers in the government who have the authority and the ability to get on with the job that they have been entrusted with.
“We promised change and we will continue to deliver that change.”
Some of these changes are visible across the Rock. There are 1,000 homes now at an advanced stage of construction, including housing projects at Mons Calpe Mews and Beach View Terraces.
Additionally, the largest refurbishment of government homes that Gibraltar has even seen is currently underway at Glacis, Laguna and Moorish Castle Estates.
The government’s passion for technology, driven by Picardo, has boosted online interaction between residents and the administration, allowing for more direct comment, with the e-Government program continuing to progress.
A spokesperson said: “These have been 1,000 days full of energy, passion and sheer hard work during which Gibraltar has been transformed for the better.
“The focus on the delivery of the manifesto in a coherent, detailed and organised manner has never been seen in Gibraltar before,” they added.
“It reflects the commitment of the government to keep its promises to the electorate within this term of office.”
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05