EQUESTRIAN enthusiasts on the Costa del Sol are chomping at the bit as Mijas racecourse gets set to reopen.
A 20-year contract has secured the famous racecourse’s future, with work already in motion to host two European events.
The upgrade and reopening cost a cool €2.3 million, but the racecourse is sure to bring revenue to Malaga province.
The competitions are scheduled for October and February, with a total of 1,000 horses expected to compete.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05