AN embattled animal rescue centre owner has admitted the place is ‘out of control’.
Kim Halliwell (pictured) has now agreed to allow an initial 15 dogs and many cats to leave her Mijas kennels, following an Olive Press investigation.
It comes after police also inspected the site, following various denuncias from former staff.
After we told of the ‘terrible conditions’ at Kim’s Animal Rescue, friends and supporters rallied around with the aim of cutting the number of animals by half.
The Olive Press attended an emergency meeting, spoke with various other centres and has found new volunteers.
We have now launched an appeal to find homes for the animals.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44