POLICE are investigating another reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in the Nerja area.
Former prison worker and military man David Fullman (not actual name) spotted a blonde girl speaking Spanish in an English accent at the communal pool at the Tropicana apartment complex in La Herradura and was immediately reminded of Maddie.
After checking the online photo fit he immediately contacted police in the UK.
“A Spanish couple were by the pool with a very Spanish daughter and a blonde, white-skinned girl who looked English and spoke with an English accent,” said Fullman, who was on holiday with his wife at her parents apartment.
“I tried to take a photo but the parents were keeping an eye on me, it was obvious I was watching them so I didn’t want to make a scene or appear to be a pervert.
“She looked like the digital construction, but more like her mother.”
Fullman, currently enrolled in a university degree, added: “I felt like I had to report this, even if it leads to nothing.
Maddie disappeared from her bed in a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal in 2007, while her parents Kate and Gerry ate dinner nearby.
The Olive Press has reported on a string of previous alleged sightings of Maddie in the Axarquia.
British expat Rose Johnson, 70, believes she saw the missing girl playing on Penoncillo beach – between Torrox and Nerja – in the summer of 2011.
While in 2012, Spanish national police investigated a witness’ claim that Maddie had been seen walking in the town accompanied by ‘several people.
Another retired expat, Yvonne Tunnicliffe, claimed to be ‘100% sure’ that she had spotted Maddie at a Mercadona store in Alhaurin el Grande in 2010.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44