A PRO-ABORTION nun has set up her own political party to take on the establishment.
Teresa Forcades has been ticked off by The Vatican for her left-wing views, which would see Spain leaving the Eurozone and for all banks to be nationalised.
Now her party Proces Constituent is supporting Catalan Independence.
The Benedictine nun, who lives in Montserrat, said: “I am in favour of the independence of my country, because I do believe that for true democracy to be real or possible, you need small political units.”
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05