CANCER sufferer Ashya King has left hospital for a day out with his family for the first time since the arrest of his parents in Spain last month.
In a heart-warming photo released by his brother Naveed, five-year-old Ashya is seen clutching an action figure and enjoying pizza with his family in Prague.
Naveed added that Ashya is ‘recuperating nicely’ as he enters his final week of proton beam therapy at a specialist centre in the Czech Republic.
Ashya has been fed only through a tube for weeks, but amazed his family by even eating a little by himself.
“He is recuperating nicely and is starting to feed through his mouth without many problems,” said Naveed.
It has been reported that thanks to the pioneering proton treatment, Ashya is showing ‘incredible’ signs of recovery.
An international manhunt was launched on August 28 after parents Brett, 51, and Naghmeh, 45, removed Ashya from Southampton Hospital after disagreeing with doctors.
Brett and Naghmeh spent several days in prison after British authorities issued a European warrant for their arrest.
But all charges against them have now been dropped, and the NHS has funded Ashya’s €88,000 proton beam treatment.
Ashya is due to have his final five proon beam sessions this week before being discharged on Friday, when he is expected to return to Spain for further treatment.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05