LET it never be said we don’t have fun at the British School of Marbella – although don’t take this black and white photo as proof!
In case you hadn’t guessed from the glum faces, we held a Victorian Day in Years 5 and 6 to help bring the era to life.
Ignoring comments from wittier members of staff that I was from the Victorian age, I commanded children to attend school dressed as Victorians – or else face the cane!
Of course I’m kidding, although swishing the cane at unruly teachers did give me something of a power trip.
We arranged desks in straight rows, added a chalkboard, and even blacked out the windows to create a suitably miserable Victorian atmosphere. We also had hand and nail inspections, times tables recitals, handwriting practise and dished out the infamous ‘dunce cap’.
We also held the eagerly-anticipated Peace Festival last month, to celebrate International Day of Peace.
Although the message to Give Peace a Chance was lost in translation on the Spanish dinner ladies, who insisted everyone gave their peas another chance at lunch time.
But thanks to youngsters selling handmade gifts, we raised €1,380 for the International Red Cross. A massive well done to pupils, parents and staff for their fundraising efforts!
- Close encounters of the BSM kind - 15 Feb, 2015 @ 11:30
- British School of Marbella to expand to new campus - 27 Jan, 2015 @ 14:00
- All fired-up - 17 Dec, 2014 @ 13:45
- Children at British School of Marbella celebrate Diwali - 30 Oct, 2014 @ 12:00
- Give peas a chance - 27 Oct, 2014 @ 09:00
- Buzz in the air at British School of Marbella - 19 Sep, 2014 @ 09:00
- School’s out for the summer - 3 Jul, 2014 @ 08:30
- The British School of Marbella’s got talent! - 3 Apr, 2014 @ 10:30
- School takes walk on the wild side - 6 Feb, 2014 @ 11:31
- Comic Relief show raises €750 at BSM - 24 Mar, 2013 @ 08:30