ALMERIA is a province of diverse landscape and beautiful scenery.
It’s been named as one of the top 20 places to live, and has played host to some big film productions.
Throughout the years, Almeria has become popular amongst directors for film locations.
There has been a long list. Many spaghetti westerns have been filmed in the town of Tabernas – which is home to Oasys (Mini Hollywood) and also Europe’s only know desert.
Oasys, formally known as Mini Hollywood is a western – styled theme park. It was designed by Italian production designer, Carlo Simi.
A Fistful of Dollars and the very famous Clint Eastwood film, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly are two well known westerns to have been filmed in the desert-like town.
It’s great that Almeria is getting the recognition it deserves. With the province becoming popular in the film industry, tourism will boost and people can experience a different culture and fabulous architecture, like La Catedral de la Encarnación in the city centre.
In the last two years Almeria has seen the arrival of many different film crews, which include Doctor Who, the Ridley Scott production of Exodus Gods and King and most recent Clavius.
- Stop blaming Europe - 7 Jun, 2016 @ 22:08
- Europe: In or out? - 8 Mar, 2016 @ 09:24
- Bye bye Mr Negativity - 17 Jan, 2016 @ 18:10
- Humid not hot! - 16 Sep, 2015 @ 16:50
- Don’t mind me, I’m just shy - 11 Jul, 2015 @ 11:26
- San Juan festival in Spain - 8 Jun, 2015 @ 08:44
- Decision time! - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 17:27
- A young cosmopolitan stuck in a Spanish village - 25 Feb, 2015 @ 22:38
- A New Year but same old ways - 6 Jan, 2015 @ 11:39
- Lights, Camera, Action for Almeria! - 26 Nov, 2014 @ 17:14