A DOG caused panic and nearly created traffic mayhem as it ran over five lanes near on the A-7 in Sabinillas this afternoon.
The medium-sized brown dog almost caused two lorries to collide, before clogging the road up with oncoming cars as it sauntered between both lanes.
It then jumped the concrete barrier separating traffic flow, ran below the underpass and only narrowly avoided an oncoming car which had to swerve out of the way.
After sending cars swerving out of the way for five minutes, it finally dashed in front of a bus to reach the sidewalk next to the Sabinillas book shop.
An onlooker believed she had seen the dog tied up next to Mercadona supermarket an hour earlier.
The Olive Press watched the scene unfold from our new office, but members of staff had no luck finding the animal after it had run off into Sabinillas.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44