ALL flights in and out of all London’s airports are suffering huge delays due to technical problems.
Flights leaving Spain heading to London have been postponed following a computer failure in the UK.
As a result London airspace has been closed until 7pm and all London-bound flights are facing huge delays.
In a statement, air traffic controllers Nats confirmed a ‘technical problem’ at its Swanwick control centre in Hampshire.
It said ‘every possible action’ was being taken to resolve the problem.
Eurocontrol added: “There has been a failure of the flight data computer server at London Area Control Centre.
“Engineers are working on the problem and more information will be given when available.”
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36