By Tom Powell
IT has been six years since Amy Fitzpatrick disappeared on the Costa del Sol.
And this week her stepdad Dave Mahon – currently on bail, charged with murdering her older brother – has returned to Spain to attend a service for Amy.
Her mother, and his partner, Audrey Fitzpatrick is expected to fly out separately to join him for the annual event.
In March this year Mahon, 43, was charged with the murder of Audrey’s 23-year-old son, Dean Fitzpatrick, in Dublin in 2013.
Father-of-one, Dean Fitzpatrick died from a stab wound sustained during an altercation with Mahon.
He allegedly confronted Mahon over the disappearance of his sister Amy on New Year’s Day 2008.
Mahon arrived at Malaga airport on an Aer Lingus flight which left from Dublin at 4:10pm on Thursday.
He reportedly hopes to speak to police regarding the on-going investigation into Amy’s disappearance.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44