RUNNING semi-naked into the icy waves on Boxing Day probably isn’t high on most people’s Christmas wish list… unless you live in Gibraltar.
This year, as usual, the hardiest Gibraltarians will be taking on the Polar Bear swim on the 26th at Catalan Bay, so-called because only a Polar Bear could possibly enjoy such a thing.
Hot brandy, mince pies and a polar bear certificate are the just rewards for those humans brave enough to take the plunge.
The tradition also raises money for various charities.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44