AUTHOR Chris Stewart visited Sabinillas to officially launch the brand new Olive Press office last week.
He was joined by the Mayor of Manilva, Diego Urieto, and many distinguished Olive Press clients and friends for the evening.
Olive Press columnist and Marbella celebrity Giles Brown opened proceedings with a speech on how far the newspaper has come from its days when the office was effectively a shed in Arriate.
Editor Jon Clarke then offered his thanks to all the advertisers and staff members who have made the journey possible, before Chris Stewart gave his views on the importance of the Olive Press in publicising the wrong-doing in our society.
The Driving over lemons author recited an apt quote: “The evil in this world does not worry me. What does is one good man passing it by and doing nothing.”
The Olive Press would also like to thank Gary Beaumont from the Resident newspaper (www.theresident.eu) for taking photos and covering the event.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44