THE mother of missing Amy Fitzpatrick has announced she will marry Dave Mahon before he stands trial for the murder of her son Dean.
In March this year Mahon, 43, was charged with the murder of Audrey’s 23-year-old son in Dublin in 2013.
Father-of-one, Dean Fitzpatrick died from a stab wound sustained during an altercation with Mahon.
However, Audrey still claims she loves him and ‘will be proud to be his wife’.
She told the Daily Star: “He knows I love the bones of him. He knows I would be lost without him. I would be dead without him.
“We will have an awful lot of well-wishers and we will have the other side, but we have to take the good with the bad.
“Everybody has their own opinion and they are entitled to it – but they have never walked in our shoes.
“Ninety-nine percent of people we have told said: ‘Well, it’s about time’.
“They know how much we love each other and how strong we are and how we have stuck together through everything and we always will, no matter what life throws at us.”
Her daughter Amy has not been seen since January 1 2008 when she was 15 years old.
Audrey became engaged to Mahon eight years ago, but Amy’s disappearance from La Cala de Mijas put the plans on hold.
Mahon said: “It’s just to have one happy day out of seven years.
“We’ve had the nightmare for the last seven years and we are having our little dream now.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44