HELENA Bonham Carter has stripped off to help save the tuna fish from extinction.
While the fishing season doesn’t start in Spain for two months, the British actress has disrobed to raise attention to their fragile plight.
But getting up close and personal with the 27kg blue fin was no mean feat for the Hollywood star, who actually has a fear of fish.
“When I was asked to be photographed naked…I was more worried about touching [the fish] than getting my kit off,” said the 48-year-old.
“Having said that, I conquered my fears and by the end of the morning we’d truly bonded.”
It is the first time she has posed for a shoot since her split from long-term partner Tim Burton in late December.
The photograph is part of a series for a campaign in support of the Blue Marine Foundation, which aims to protect 10% of the world’s oceans by 2020.
Concerns over dwindling numbers have made tuna a priority concern for many green groups.
The shortened season, which runs from May to June, in Spain, is part of a recovery plan agreed at international level to bring back the Bluefin tuna stock.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05