THE founder and President of Cudeca, Joan Hunt, is set to receive the 2015 Andalucia Day award.
Andalucia Day takes place tomorrow, and the Junta has chosen to recognise a small group of people and organisations for the work towards helping the community.
Joan Hunt set up Cudeca 23 years ago and it has since developed into a pioneer in palliative care for patients in the advanced stages of terminal illness.
Cudeca organises has its own hospice and also organises home visits, supported by fundraising events, shops and donations.
As well as Cudeca, the Junta will honour leading oncologist Dr. Emilio Alba, film director Enrique García, University of Málaga professor, Eugenio Luque, national handball team player Marta López, school CEIP Bergamin, Asprodisis Association, painter Carlos Monserrate, pianist Paula Coronas and Alejandra Catering Company.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44