MALAGA striker Juanmi has been called up to the Spain squad following an injury to Chelsea forward Diego Costa.
The 21-year-old is now hoping to win his first full cap for La Roja in the matches against Ukraine and the Netherlands.
He was not initially named in the squad, despite a stellar season in which he is currently Malaga’s top scorer.
But after Costa limped off the field in Chelsea’s narrow victory over Hull City on Sunday, Juanmi has his chance to make a mark on the international stage.
Born in Coin, Juanmi has worked his way up through Malaga’s youth teams and made his first team debut in January 2010.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44