WELSH winger Gareth Bale has been the subject of yet another onslaught from Spanish sport paper Marca, following Real Madrid’s 2-1 defeat to Barcelona.
Critical of his €100 million transfer fee the paper also refused to acknowledge his presence with a player rating, giving him just a slash instead of the typical 1, 2, or 3 they reserve for the others.
Previous articles in Marca labelling Bale a ‘lazy loner’ lead to a media war with the BBC in which the British media group told Marca to back off.
While Bale’s performance was below par, Marca’s agenda seems to have become a personal vendetta against the former Tottenham star.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36