RETAIL magnate Amancio Ortega has been branded as the ‘best boss’ by the Spanish public.
A resounding 29% of people voted for the Inditex founder and owner of Zara as their ideal boss in a recent survey for Adecco.
Meanwhile former CEO of Ikea Iberia, Frau Bethlehem, came in second with 24.9% and Mercadona CEO Juan Roig snapped up 18% of the vote.
A larger number of women chose Ortega, with the men leaning towards Frau and Roig.
Ortega’s fortune topped €60 billion, making him the fourth richest person in the world, behind Bill Gates, Carlos Slim and Warren Buffett.
The top 10 also included Banco Santander chief Ana Botin, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez and Mango founder Isak Andic.
The Spanish also voted tennis-star Rafa Nadal as their number one sport coach, with basketball ace Pau Gasol and Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas coming second and third.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36