A QUARTER of Spanish people believe the Sun revolves around the Earth, and not the other way round.
While 30% think that humans once lived alongside dinosaurs, according to the latest Social Perception of Science survey. A further 11.5% disagreed that humans are descended from animals.
However, the startling results are still an improvement on 2006, when almost half the population thought dinosaurs and humans had co-inhabited the earth, and 40% thought the sun orbited us.
The number of correct answers overall in the survey rose from an average 58% to 70%, suggesting scientific knowledge is on an upward trend.
But still around 27% consider homeopathy ‘very or fairly scientific’ and 14% pay attention to astrology.
Almost 43% do not yet know what fracking is, compared to 24% of people who are against it and 17% who see it as a positive advancement.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44