NESTLED on the Rock lie two of Britain’s wealthiest names.
Gibraltar is home to Ruth Parasol – 158th on the Sunday Times Rich List 2015 – and base for gambling business BetVictor, whose owner Michael Tabor sits at 186th.
Both Parasol and Tabor are in the gambling game and Tabor has a strong horse racing history.
And both have the Midas touch… Parasol is worth a cool £715m (€973m) and Tabor has a net worth of £600m (€816m).
Parasol created the largest online gaming group PartyGaming and her Parasol Foundation Trust donated £3m to charity last year.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25