A MANHUNT is underway for two men who attempted to kidnap a woman of 50 on the Camino de Santiago.
The woman was exercising near a section of the trail when her attackers tried to force her into a vehicle in Santa Catalina de Somoza, in Leon.
The Guardia Civil is investigating the incident but do not initially believe it is linked to the disappearance of US pilgrim Denise Pikka Thiem nearby six weeks ago.
The American Camino walker disappeared without trace in Astorga on April 5 and the town’s mayor advised residents not to venture alone to isolated areas.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25