THE SPANISH summer is here, which means that it’s time for a fantastic festival fiesta!
Spain attracts thousands of music fans from the UK every year who swap the muddy fields, soggy tents and wellies of Glastonbury, Reading and Leeds for the sweltering sun and sea. The Olive Press takes a brief look at some of the most popular music festivals that are taking place over the summer.
Sonar: 18 -20 June
Arguably one of the most famous music festivals on the peninsular, Barcelona’s Sonar festival leads the way in electronic and alternative music. The festival’s central location gives music-goers the opportunity to squeeze some sight-seeing into the weekend between catching live acts. Day tickets are available from €54 or night tickets from €72.
Acts not to miss: Skrillex, Seth Troxler, Hot Chip, Jamie XX, Duran Duran.
For information and tickets visit: http://sonar.es/en/2015/
Benicassim: 16 -19 July
Located on Spain’s Costa Azahar between Valencia and Barcelona, this festival is perfect for those who love a great beach party. Focussing mainly on pop, rock and electronic acts, Benicassim differs from your average music festival by offering short films, fashion shows and art and has is one of the best festivals on the international circuit. The festival is renowned for its beach location and terrific party atmosphere, with camping included in a weekend ticket at just £130.
Acts this year: Blur, Clean Bandit, Florence and the Machine, Bastille, Public Enemy, Jamie T
For information and tickets visit: http://fiberfib.com/
Despite only being a one-day event, this Gibraltar festival provides one of the most memorable music parties of the year. Renowned for its international music and friendly feel, it is set to be massive again this year with the line-up yet to be confirmed.
Acts are still to be confirmed, check out www.gibraltarmusicfestival.eu for the latest news and updates.
- Spain’s wealthy class on the rise - 30 Jun, 2015 @ 08:45
- Nerja’s new mayor Rosa Arrabal names her government - 29 Jun, 2015 @ 18:00
- Spain the biggest exporter of wine in the world - 29 Jun, 2015 @ 09:00
- The nifty nispero - 28 Jun, 2015 @ 17:00
- Marbella hospital leads the way with water births - 28 Jun, 2015 @ 13:00
- Spain’s seven wonders of the dining world - 27 Jun, 2015 @ 12:00
- Left to take a selfie in the lift - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 17:37
- Wanda group eyes Madrid investment - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 17:30
- Spain set for soaring heatwave with Malaga seeing temperatures reach 36ºC - 26 Jun, 2015 @ 12:19
- Two Spaniards gored to death by bulls - 25 Jun, 2015 @ 17:55