A MARBELLA-based drug gang is being investigated in connection to the assassination of IRA boss Gerard ‘Jock’ Davison.
Irish police have linked Davison’s murder to last year’s assassination of gang enforcer Stephen ‘Dougie’ Moran.
Moran was shot by a hitman, reportedly hired by a major drug gang in Marbella.
The weapon used in Moran’s killing is believed to have been used again in the assassination of Davison.
Davison, 47, was gunned down near to his home in Belfast, Northern Ireland in May.
A police spokesman would not confirm those involved in the gang but said that they ‘control much of the illicit trade in cocaine, heroin and other drugs’ coming in and out of Ireland.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36