A MOROCCAN teenager has drowned in a pool in Jaen.
Police believe that the 17-year-old, along with six friends, jumped the fence of the La Salobreja sporting complex and vandalised the property by emptying fire extinguishers and destroying furniture before entering the pool.
The other children, ranging from ten to 17, cried for help, informing neighbours that there was a boy in the pool who couldn’t swim.
However, by the time the local and national police, along with emergency services, arrived, they were unable to resuscitate him.
The boy was under the guardianship of the Junta, and they have opened a full investigation on the causes and circumstances of his death.
- Pre-summer sales spike hit Spain in July - 11 Sep, 2015 @ 09:53
- Sherry makes a comeback in Jerez - 10 Sep, 2015 @ 09:49
- Andalucian mayor demands funds to preserve newly-discovered Roman ruins - 9 Sep, 2015 @ 10:00
- Malaga chef becomes only Andalucian Top Chef candidate - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 16:47
- Animal rights activists protest over whale treatment at Tenerife marine park - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 11:39
- Nerja councillor resigns after being ‘ignored’ by peers - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 11:02
- Spanish entrepreneur cracks historic WWII decryption - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 08:54
- World-famous ‘jackal’ literary agent heads to Spain - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 14:36
- Teenage mayoral candidate attacked outside her home for ‘fascist’ views - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 09:00
- Gay couple attacked at Almeria feria - 28 Aug, 2015 @ 15:29