FOR replacing the anti-corruption champion, Maria Nuñez Bolaños isn’t off to a very good start.
Replacing Mercedes Alaya, the famed judge who uncovered the ERE scandal, Bolaños has already been accused of having too friendly of a relationship with Emilio de Llera, the Andalucian Minister of Justice.
Bolaños is known for her work in Sevilla’s family court for the last ten years, and has been an advocate for joint custody between parents.
In response to these accusations, de Llera responded that, as he has been active in Sevilla’s legal world for the past 34 years, it would be impossible to appoint a judge that he was not friends with.
- Pre-summer sales spike hit Spain in July - 11 Sep, 2015 @ 09:53
- Sherry makes a comeback in Jerez - 10 Sep, 2015 @ 09:49
- Andalucian mayor demands funds to preserve newly-discovered Roman ruins - 9 Sep, 2015 @ 10:00
- Malaga chef becomes only Andalucian Top Chef candidate - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 16:47
- Animal rights activists protest over whale treatment at Tenerife marine park - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 11:39
- Nerja councillor resigns after being ‘ignored’ by peers - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 11:02
- Spanish entrepreneur cracks historic WWII decryption - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 08:54
- World-famous ‘jackal’ literary agent heads to Spain - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 14:36
- Teenage mayoral candidate attacked outside her home for ‘fascist’ views - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 09:00
- Gay couple attacked at Almeria feria - 28 Aug, 2015 @ 15:29