CHRIS Froome and fellow cyclists have expressed outrage over the conditions of the first time trial, barely 24 hours before the opening of the Vuelta a Espana.
Froome and the Sky Team posted pictures on Twitter as they scoped out the first stage in Puerto Banus.
Upon discovering that large sections of the 7.4 km course were covered in uneven dirt, sand and rubber mats, Froome reached out to the Cyclistes Professionnels Associes for a comment on the conditions.
Other riders were not so diplomatic, with Sky teammate Nicolas Roche tweeting, ‘Are you joking????’
- Pre-summer sales spike hit Spain in July - 11 Sep, 2015 @ 09:53
- Sherry makes a comeback in Jerez - 10 Sep, 2015 @ 09:49
- Andalucian mayor demands funds to preserve newly-discovered Roman ruins - 9 Sep, 2015 @ 10:00
- Malaga chef becomes only Andalucian Top Chef candidate - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 16:47
- Animal rights activists protest over whale treatment at Tenerife marine park - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 11:39
- Nerja councillor resigns after being ‘ignored’ by peers - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 11:02
- Spanish entrepreneur cracks historic WWII decryption - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 08:54
- World-famous ‘jackal’ literary agent heads to Spain - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 14:36
- Teenage mayoral candidate attacked outside her home for ‘fascist’ views - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 09:00
- Gay couple attacked at Almeria feria - 28 Aug, 2015 @ 15:29